Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Up and down...poker's a rollercoaster

So the past week has really been a rollercoaster for me playing poker. Ill drop 4 buyins, win 5, drop 3, win a few, and basically stay about even. I played the Sunday Millions on PS this sunday for my first time after winning a DS into it ($11.70)...I didnt win a hand for the first hour and was down to about 6k but two double ups put me right back up there...i finally built a 2xavg stack but slowly dwindled...with about 1250 left (1080 paid) i had about 11XBB...i was dealt AJo in the BB and it folded to the SB who raised 3x and i came OTT all in...he calls with 10's and i blank out, about 125ish away from the $....would have been nice but no regrets on my play really...

The guy who won did sit to my left and i did make one play i look back on now....A crappy donk min raises to 4800 in the CO, i smooth call in the SB with 77...the massive stack in the BB (went on to win the tourney) raised to 16k and the OR folded...i had about 65k and felt like i had just enough to make him fold a hand, but wasnt quite sure bc he seemed like a good player and was fairly quiet...i folded and he said he had AQ but who knows....

I played some yesterday and started off horribly in the morning on UB...I dropped 240$. I came back on stars and was up 435$ there in my first session but came back and dropped 215$. On the day i lost 28$ but i had several ridiculous hands...

Hand #1: http://www.pokerhand.org/?744398
I play with this guy a lot and he's very capable of floating a flop like this as he knows i like to raise and cbet with strong aces. On the flop i flopped an oesd and a bdfd and make a standard Cbet. On the turn i thought about checking but i picked up my flush draw, and i felt like if i checked he would definitely bet any 2 and i would have no FE, so i lead again. Once he comes ott i know he's got 2pr or better but im getting ridiculous odds. I call with 8 outs for the straight and 6 outs for the the flush(2 gone with straight cards and the 7c gives him a boat)...dont hit..gg me...

Hand#2:http://www.pokerhand.org/?744404
This is from my 2nd session on PS and pretty much sums up the entire session...He posts OOP and i raise to isolate him which i successfully do. He checks, i bet my trips he flat calls. He check calls a bet on the turn and i really have no idea what he has now. He then leads for 10$ on the river which seemed very fishy. I just called expecting him to flip JT or 33, but instead he flips 97o and called all the way down...brilliant!

Goal: $25,000
PS:$5,090.07
UB: $2,853.24
--------------
Total:$7,943.31
Change: -$583.10
Distance to Goal:$17,056.69
(DOH! Obv. over a few days and includes 200$ PS and some bad variance)

No comments: