Monday, January 8, 2007

In the beginning...

Im just starting this blog and I'm going to try and update it on a regular basis...i want to describe my life as a high school senior and poker player....first let me describe myself...

My name is Kirk and i live in North Carolina. I just turned 18 in December and was finllay legal to play poker as i pleased. I have been playing poker for about a year and a half (only 1 month legally) and have had decent results. I started with 25$ on UB and played 5$ sngs. As you might have guessed i was busto within a month and rebought for another 25$. Im not exactly sure how i got up but somehow i got up to around 100$ and saw an advertisement for a freeroll to get into the UB SCNII( Stone Cold Nuts 2). I was determined to get in this freeroll by obtaining enough UB points so i would 2 table 50$NL on UB with my entire roll. Fortunately i earned enough points before i went broke and was qualified for the freeroll.
The tournament started with 1200+ players and only top 10 got seats, the rest went home empty. About 6 hours later the tourney finally ended and i had my 500$ seat into the tourney (this was before UB had TD's and i was forced to play, otherwise i probably would have unregistered). The big day finally arrived and it was time to play. Hour after hour went bye as i got deeper and deeper into the tourney. All of my friends were railing and saying stupid stuff in the chat because they were all jealous of my success (not to sound cocky), but they later admited that they were rooting against me. Finally around 1am, i got donked out in 32nd place for 3400$. (HH- guy min raises in the hijack, i RR 3x with JJ, he calls. Flop comes 953. Villain checks, i raise 3/4pot, he RR all-in, i call. He flips A8 and ofcourse rivers the A. If i wont that hand i would have been top 5 in the tourney even though i was a donk back then and didnt really know what was going on).
Two days before this big tourney my car had died on the way back from a ski trip with some friends. My parents forced me to cash out some of the money to pay towards a new car so i cashed all but 1k$, and proceeded to buy a 1990 BMW 525i (pictures to come). About two months later in april i think, I entered the old 30$ 2am tourney on UB. I proceeded to come in second in this tourney for around 800$. The next night in the exact same tourney i went on to win for another $1200. I cashed out about $800 of this and transferred a lot to friends. I donked a lot of this money off in MTTs and Cash games but then i saw an offer on P5's from some poker company offering 50$ to get started on PP and with success, future backing opportunities. I took the guy up on the opportunity and started with the 50$ on PP. Within 3 months, i worked the 50$ into 3k just playing cash games. Unfortunately, PP closed and i had to cash all of it out (under 18 at the time so no way to transfer to another site), so i was left with about 1500 on UB. I transferred 300$ to a friend on UB and he sent me 300 on PS. I played some sngs and mtts there with breakeven success for about a month. Then i got 5th in a 5$ MTT for about 500$, and had about 700$ on PS.
I proceeded to donk most of that money off back to my original roll of 300$ but was having great success on UB. I had started playing 50NL and worked my roll up to about 1.5k. Within the last month my results have exploded. I won a 15$ tournament on UB for 530$ and got second in the 6$ bounty tourney for 651$. I then had the roll to play 100nl which i've been experimenting with of late. January 4th, i decided to play some tournies on UB and Stars. With my small roll on stars i decided just to play in the 3$r and some other tournies on UB up to 20$. I busted out of all the UB tournies early but built a healthy stack in the 3$r after the rebuy period (about 25k). 8 hours later i chopped the tourney 4 handed for 4416$(i was in first).
I have recently started 4 tabling 100$NL on PS with great success. (i tilted off some $ last night after running into a few coolers though). I have found PS much softer than UB, with more tables and less regulars.
Well thats my background and where I am now...will post more later. On break between morning and afternoon classes at high school lol

Hope to see you around...

PS-papabigbaler
UB-papabigballer



My 3$r Win:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: