Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ugh...terrible downswing...

The last week has been absolutely horrible. I could be on the losing end of every hand i play no matter what. The suckouts have been horrendous and the coolers are out of control. I have dropped a good amount on both PS and UB but hopefully its just variance...i played a short session of 100nl on PS after workouts today and did alright, finishing up about 1.5 buyins. I played another session tonight and dropped about 1/2 a buyin on a gay hand (will post)...

I played a bunch of tournies and got donked out of most of them tonight. I started with the 1$ turbo on UB. Had a top 20 stack with 90 left (70 paid) and a shorty goes all in for like 3xbb and the other bigstack at my table just calls. I reraise all in with ATo from the BB. He thinks forever and calls with AK haha, oh well...I also played the 20$ 2500grntd on UB. I doubled very early when i turned a flush against AA. I picked up some pots here and there and quickly we were down to about 26 players when an interesting hand came up...

9 Players, Blinds 200/400 ante 50?, about 7800 stack

5 folds, Bigstack raises to 1400, Hero calls with AJo, SB/BB fold

Flop: KhKcTs
Bigstack Checks, Hero checks.

Turn Qs
Bigstack bets 400, Hero reraises 2000 to 2400, Bigstack calls

River Qc
Bigstack bets 400, Hero calls

Bigstack shows AQ
Hero mucks


Very gay 4 outer that would have put me in the top 4. I end up going out 21st with 20 paying. I also played a double shootout to the million on stars, lost that, the 10$ 15kg, and the 10$ 1 R/a tourney.....overall i felt i played well in the UB tourney but what can you do...


Hand #1: http://www.pokerhand.org/?781951
-Once he smooth calls the C/R i really feel like im beat but can't fold in the heat of the moment...even if i check the turn and he pushes i think i'd have to call getting about 3:1 with TPTK...oh well

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.