Monday, May 21, 2007

Wish I could play longer...

So I was forced (not really) into working today. I hate working because I make 6.50$/Hour for doing shit work at the local Chick-fil-a. I haven't worked in about 3 or 4 weeks because its just not worth it when I can play poker and make a lot more. My manager really needed me tonight so I figured I'd go in. I thought maybe it had changed but soon after I arrived, I realized how much I hated working there. Luckily that may have been my last time working there for awhile because of school ending, senior beach week, and my europe trip.

So I come home and feel completely grungy from slaving over a frier all night. I take a quick shower and plan to get in a quick session. I've mentioned it before (I think) but I always finish up my poker sessions by 12am when I have school the next day. For one, I do not focus as well the later it gets because fatigue sets in. Secondly, I have to set a stopping point. If not, I'd play and play until I look down and its 3 or 4 in the morning. So I got home about 10:30ish, took a quick shower and sat down to play around 11ish.

I fired up 6 tables of 100nl on PS. I started off kind of sluggish with a few cbets getting called and getting my cbet reraised on a bricked flop in a 3bet pot, which ended up being my biggest lost pot of the night. I ran really well for the hour I played and finished up 4 buyins which is sweet. I haven't played since last Thursday because I was at the lake all weekend. Here's some hands (all winners because my losers were just basic cbet/folds)...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1120200
-One of the last pots of the night here. I really didn't think 99 was in his range. I really felt like he had AA or AK because his stats say he's pretty tight and I was playing pretty tight. I didn't think he was raising my utg raise that light OOP. Obv a great flop for me and a cooler for him...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1120205
-I felt like my bet was small enough to get a raise from any PP and maybe Axish hands. Obv didn't think he'd felt 88 but I'll take it...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1120206
-Great flop. Thought the river shat on me but luckily I scooped it...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1120208
-This guy was pretty nitty at like 17/13. I really couldn't put him on a 4 or TT. If he slowplayed KK or AA, I'm going broke for sure. Wonder what he had to fold to the min raise all in? Air?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1120212
-I would like some comments on this hand. On the flop, I felt if I cbet and got raised, he would be pot committed. I felt like a c/r would create more FE and make my hand look that much stronger. If he checks behind, I get a free card for my straight. Thoughts?

Today: +$410.30
Hands: 453 (almost 1BB/hand lol)
Site: PS/100NL

May: +2,251.00
Hands: 11,133 (Way below where I should be, but I have taken some time off)

Year: +$5,861.74
Hands: 125,681

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you played the AJ hand.

-Pete

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I like the AJ hand. As played he must be thinking you have TT or something because he's getting 2/1 here to call and turns it down. You think he had AQ-AK here?

Malfaire said...

agreed with the above comments and great logic to boot. ty for words of encouragement. shit's just no good! i'll make it back, it'll just take a while.

PGK said...

I just realized you live in Winston-Salem...that's funny, I graduate from Wake Forest.

Pete