Monday, April 30, 2007

Lost the challenge...

But at this point I really couldn't care less. I planned on playing tonight to try and make up some ground because I am way back after this weekend. But honestly, I am just too pumped up to play right now. Today, our golf team won the conference championship (18 holes) and won the overall conference. We were down 1 stroke coming into the day, and only shot +3 as a team (4 best scores out of 6). I played one of the rounds of my life in competition and shot a 75. It was a great round but definitely could have been better...

I started out very solid with a birdie and three straight pars. I missed a 5 footer for par on my 5th hole, but followed it up with a birdie the next hole. After my first 10 holes I was -1 and feeling great. On #13 I made an ok bogey but three putted #14 which sucked. I also three putted #16 for bogey. I ended up shooting 36 on the front side and 39 on the back. These are really great scores for me in competition. It really felt nice to peak at the end of the season. I have invested so much time, effort, and money into golf since the time I was about 12 years old.Now we go onto the regional tournament and hopefully can advance to states.

This was really special for our team as we have grown up together. Five out of the six starters are seniors and have played on the team since we were freshman. We really pulled it together today. Our #s 1 and 2(my twin bro) shot 70s (-2), I had a 75 (+3) and we had a 76, 78, and a 79. It sucks to lose this challenge this month, but at a time like this I really don't give a shit about poker. I have looked forward to this day for the last 4 years and it feels great.

At our highschool, it is a tradition to roll the front entrance if you win something big. This definitely constitues a rolling, so we did just that. We gathered $ from all the parents and friends. We ended up with $305, yes $305, from everyone. Needless to say, we went into walmart and emptied the shelves. It was insane. Ive never seen so much t.p. in my life! HAHA

I have to congratulate Malfaire, as we both ran pretty shitty but he managed to pull it off. Unfortunately I finished down in the challenge, but up overall for the month. I feel my game is definitely coming along and I making the right decisions. Now if I could just win a few hands lol. Next months gonna be a big one, I can feel it...

I will post an April Summary tomorrow when i feel like worrying about poker. But tonight I really don't give a shit about it. Theres more important things in life than poker, thats for sure!

Me last Wednesday at our match:


Me dropping an 18' putt for eagle:


The action shot:


Me and my girlfriend on the tee after a par 3 got backed up:



Don't feel like putting up stats right now. Not because they are horrible, but just because I'm gonna do an April summary tomorrow. Those who do read this and play poker, theres more to life than just poker. Go out, do what you want, and have some fucking fun...

No comments: